Journey to the centre of the Earth

...okay, well not quite but it took long enough!

My exciting journey to Seattle started 26 hours before I actually arrived:
[+] Arrive KLIA and find Taipei route cancelled!
(original route KL-TP-LA-Seattle)
[+] Line up to re-route to HK, ran to gate as flight was boarding in 15min
(uncle knocks me in the heel with his "out-of-control" heavy trolley! *ouch*
[+] Got onto plane, flew 4 hours to HK
[+] Waited at HK airport for 1.5 hours
[+] Boarded plane to LA which took 14 hours
[+] Arrived at LA airport late, passed immigration, waited for baggage,
went fr Terminal 1 to 7! Then ran to boarding gate with 20min to spare *phew*
[+] Boarded airplane with 2 hours to Seattle

And that...my friends, was my very first trip to the US :) Incredible I tell you, but very worthwhile.

I'm absolutely loving being here, its quite the experience, I love the smell of the crisp air, I love the slightly chilly weather, I love the Cheesecake Factory just down the road, I love that I'm learning more that I will be able to use back home, I love!

And as the homegirl I'm so fond of calling myself, I'm also already missing home :) But not looking for another 26 hours of flying to "layover" in KL for 24 hours before I fly off again! hahahahaha....aahhh, the life of the jet-setter :) kidding....

To avoid this being a lengthy lengthy post, here are pics from Day 1 & 2....enjoy :)


Lining up to wait for re-routing


Uncle who knocked me, heel was aching till HK airport!

Finally in the air, with pretty clouds


Waiting in HK airport

Finally at the hotel....first night Westin & moved to Hyatt after

Pike Plc market, love the contrast between the market and the construction behind

Went round and round looking for the first Starbucks ever, and discovered it was just around the corner

Ofcourse, I had to take a pic!

Yummy lunch...(though I miss rice!)

...and on the way, I spotted this!

US is what you'd expect it to be like...

The space needle

Sight from the platform.....look, we can see Mt. Rainier!
(I hope that's right?? Didn't have a guide)

More sights...Seattle for ya

And ofcourse, that's me!!!

Poor thing mah...didn't want to ask anyone to take the photo for me :) Ah well.....

And that's it from me for today...woohoo! One more day and I'm on a plane back to KL.

Life is good :)

3 comments:

NickTay said...

awesome shots. Did you drink starbucks yet?

Unknown said...

PIIIIIIKKKKEEEEE PLAAACCCCEEEEEE!!!!

Unknown said...

hmmm that was K.Lo by the way... why you dun allow anonymous comments?

and why are you travelling so much?